11 Pieces of Trivia
We’re stoked about our candidates running for national office this year and we’re even more excited to help bring these incredible women to Washington this November. From crime fighting, to technology, to Twilight: check out these eleven tidbits of trivia you might not find anywhere else on the campaign trail!
Did you know?
- Val Demings helped cut violent crime in Orlando by 40% in just three years as the first female Police Chief of the Orlando Police Department.
- Ni hao ma! EMILY’s List candidates are multilingual: Kirsten Gillibrand occasionally breaks into Mandarin when speaking with her Chinese constituents. And, Tammy Duckworth learned to speak Indonesian fluently while living overseas for seven years during her childhood.
- The Granite State certainly has a lot on the line this November! If elected, Maggie Hassan will be the only female democratic governor in the United States.
- There’s no doubt Kathy Hochul knows the importance of preventing violence against women. As a co-founder of the Kathleen Mary House, she helped establish a transitional home in her community for women and children suffering from domestic violence.
- Amy Klobuchar’s not afraid to take a stand for the people of Minnesota; but when it comes to the Twilight series, she’s a great fan, but remains undecided as to whether she’s Team Edward or Team Jacob.
- Talk about women who tech (or is it teach?)! Well, as the co-founder of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology at UC Berkeley, Stacey Lawson does both!
- Can you say ‘photovoltaic solar array’ three times fast? We bet Michelle Lujan-Grisham might be able to! Demonstrating her strong commitment to affordable and renewable energy, she’s gone green and installed this solar technology in her house!
- EMILY’s List candidates are making it a truly historic year for women around the country! If elected, Grace Meng will be New York’s first Asian American to serve in the House and Christie Vilsack will be the first woman elected to any national office in Iowa.
- We’re not the only ones who think Elizabeth Warren will help make America better! TIME Magazine named Elizabeth Warren as one of the 100 Most Influential people in the world two years in a row.
Interested in learning more about our candidates? You can check them all out here!